Florence - Tuscumbia Alabama - Natchez Trace
This section of the Natchez Trace is located in the northwest corner of Alabama.
The section spans the area between the Tennessee-Alabama state line (milepost 341.8) and the Alabama-Mississippi state line (milepost 308.9).
Listed below are Natchez Trace Historic and Scenic Sites, Other Nearby Attractions, Nearby Lodging, Nearby Towns & Cities and Access / Exit Roads located along the Florence - Tuscumbia, Alabama section of the Natchez Trace Parkway. Click on the links for information, picture(s) as well as a location map.
Natchez Trace Historic and Scenic Sites
- Rock Spring - milepost 330.2 - Hiking Trail, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Lauderdale - milepost 328.7 - Picnic Area
- Colbert Ferry - milepost 327.3 - Restroom, Picnic Area, Old Trace, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Buzzard Roost Spring - milepost 320.3 - Old Trace, Indian History
- Freedom Hills Overlook - milepost 317.0 - Scenic Overlook
- Bear Creek - milepost 313.0 - Picnic Area
Other Nearby Attractions
- Wichahpi Commemorative Stone Wall (Te-lah-nay's Wall) - Top 30 Favorite Site - The Wichahpi Commemorative Stone Wall is located just east of the parkway near milepost 338 on Lauderdale County Road 8.
- Helen Keller Birthplace & Home - Helen Keller's birthplace is located in Tuscumbia, Alabama about 19 miles east of the parkway. Exit the parkway at milepost 320 and travel east on US 72.
Nearby Towns & Cities
- Tuscumbia, AL - Exit the Trace at milepost 320 onto US Highway 72 and travel east 19 miles.