Tishomingo - Belmont Mississippi - Natchez Trace
This section of the Natchez Trace is located near Tishomingo and Belmont, Mississippi.
The section spans the area between the Alabama-Mississippi state line (milepost 308.9) and the Mississippi Highway 371 intersection (milepost 281).
Listed below are Natchez Trace Sites, Nearby Attractions, Lodging, Nearby Towns & Cities and Access / Exit Roads located along the Tishomingo - Belmont, Mississippi section of the Natchez Trace Parkway. Click on the links for information, picture(s) as well as a location map.
Natchez Trace Historic and Scenic Sites
- Bear Creek Mound - milepost 308.8 - Indian History
- Cave Spring - milepost 308.4 - Indian History
- Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway - milepost 293.2 - Picnic Area
- Pharr Mounds - milepost 286.7 - Restroom, Picnic Area, Indian History, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Donivan Slough - milepost 283.3 - Hiking Trail
Other Nearby Attractions
- Corinth Civil War Interpretive Center - In Corinth, MS. If you are traveling north on the Trace, exit onto Mississippi Highway 145 near Tupelo, then go north on US 45 to Corinth. If you are traveling south on the Trace, exit onto US 72 at milepost 320 and travel west to Corinth.
- Tishomingo State Park - The Trace goes through the state park. Exit the Trace at milepost 304.5.
- Bay Springs Lake - On the east side of the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway exit the Trace at milepost 293.4. and go north to the lake and dam area.
Nearby Towns & Cities
- Corinth, MS - If traveling south, exit the Trace in Alabama at milepost 320 onto US Highway 72 and travel west 35 miles. If traveling north, access US 45 north of Tupelo and travel north 45 miles.
- Tishomingo, MS - Exit the Trace at milepost 303 onto Mississippi Highway 25 and travel north 2 miles.
- Belmont, MS - If traveling south, exit the Trace at milepost 303 onto Mississippi Highway 25 and travel south 7 miles. Or, if traveling north, exit the Trace at milepost 297 onto Mississippi Highway 4 and travel east to Mississippi Highway 25 and then south on highway 25.