Vicksburg - Port Gibson Mississippi Natchez Trace
This section of the Natchez Trace is located near Vicksburg and Port Gibson, Mississippi.
The section spans the area between the Mississippi Highway 27 intersection (milepost 66) and the Mississippi Highway 552 intersection (milepost 30).
Listed below are Natchez Trace Sites, Nearby Attractions, Lodging, Nearby Towns & Cities and Access / Exit Roads located along the Vicksburg - Port Gibson, Mississippi section of the Natchez Trace Parkway. Click on the links for information, picture(s) as well as a location map.
Natchez Trace Historic and Scenic Sites
- Lower Choctaw Boundary - milepost 61.0 - History/Nature Exhibit, Indian History
- Rocky Springs - milepost 54.8 - Restroom, Picnic Area, Hiking Trail, History/Nature Exhibit, Old Trace, Campground, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Owens Creek Waterfall - milepost 52.4 - Picnic Area, Hiking Trail, History/Nature Exhibit
- Grindstone Ford - milepost 45.7 - Old Trace, Indian History
- Mangum Indian Mound - milepost 45.7 - Indian History
- Sunken Trace - milepost 41.5 - Old Trace, Top 30 Favorite Site
Other Nearby Attractions
- Vicksburg National Military Park - Located west of the Natchez Trace Parkway in Vicksburg, Mississippi. I-20, Mississippi Highway 27 and U.S. 61 connect travelers from the Trace to Vicksburg.
- Grand Gulf Military Park - Exit the Trace at milepost 41 onto Mississippi Highway 18. Turn left (south) on US 61 and drive into Port Gibson. From the courthouse area in Port Gibson take Anthony Street out of town heading northwest. Anthony Street becomes Oil Mill Road. Oil Mill Road dead-ends into Grand Gulf Road. Turn left on Grand Gulf Road and follow the road to the park.
- Windsor Ruins - Top 30 Favorite Site - Exit the Trace at milepost 30 onto Mississippi Highway 552 and travel west. Follow the signs to Windsor Ruins.
- A.K. Shaifer House / Battle of Port Gibson - Located between Port Gibson and Windsor Ruins.
- Windsor Ruins Loop Route
- Baer House Inn Bed and Breakfast - Vicksburg, MS
- Duff Green Mansion Bed and Breakfast - Vicksburg, MS
- Annabelle Bed and Breakfast - Vicksburg, MS
- Isabella Bed and Breakfast - Port Gibson, MS
Nearby Towns & Cities
- Vicksburg, MS - Vicksburg is located 20-30 miles west of the Natchez Trace Parkway. I-20, Mississippi Highway 27 and U.S. 61 connect travelers from the Trace to Vicksburg.
- Port Gibson, MS - Exit the Trace at milepost 41 onto Mississippi Highway 18 and travel west. At the intersection with U.S. Highway 61 turn left (south) and travel into Port Gibson.
Access / Exit Roads - Nearby Towns & Cities and Food and Gas nearby? (less than 2 miles)
- Mississippi Highway 27 - milepost 66 - Vicksburg | Utica
- Fisher Ferry Road - milepost 59 - Vicksburg | Utica - Food nearby
- Mississippi Highway 18 - milepost 41 - Port Gibson - Food & Gas nearby
- US Highway 61 - milepost 37 - Port Gibson - Food & Gas nearby
- Mississippi Highway 552 - milepost 30 - Alcorn | Lorman - Food nearby