Collinwood, a Wayne County city, is located in south-central Tennessee, halfway between Nashville and Tupelo. The Natchez Trace Parkway lies a few hundred yards east of town.
The close location to the Trace and the town's welcome center, markets, grocery stores and a couple of restaurants make Collinwood a popular stop for anybody traveling the Trace, especially cyclists.
The Old Collinwood Train Depot was repurposed into a beautiful public library.
The population of Collinwood was 1,024 at the 2000 census.
- Miss Monetta’s Country Cottage
- the Dragonfly - an Emporium - Locally created arts & crafts, select antiques, new gift items and a fun and inviting coffee and beverage lounge and serves lunch.
- Hasti-Mart - Gas station, convenience market, food grill, take out or dine in.
- Chad's Family Restaurant - Breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday and lunch on Sunday.
- Meme's Kitchen Family Style Restaurant - Breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday and lunch on Sunday.
- 4 Mile Market - Gas station, convenience market, food grill, take out or dine in.
- Wayne County Welcome Center