Tupelo Mississippi - Natchez Trace
This section of the Natchez Trace is located near Tupelo, Mississippi.
The section spans the area between the Mississippi Highway 371 intersection (milepost 281) and the Mississippi Highway 41 intersection (milepost 246).
Listed below are Natchez Trace Historic and Scenic Sites, Other Nearby Attractions, Area Merchants, Nearby Lodging, Nearby Towns & Cities and Access / Exit Roads located along the Tupelo section of the Natchez Trace Parkway. Click on the links for information, picture(s) as well as a location map.
Natchez Trace Historic and Scenic Sites
- Twentymile Bottom Overlook - milepost 278.4 - Scenic Overlook
- Dogwood Valley - milepost 275.2 - Hiking Trail, Old Trace
- Confederate Gravesites and Old Trace - milepost 269.4 - Old Trace, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Tupelo Visitors Center - milepost 266.0 - Restroom, Hiking Trail, History/Nature Exhibit, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Old Town Overlook - milepost 263.9 - Hiking Trail, Scenic Overlook, Indian History
- Chickasaw Village Site - milepost 261.8 - Hiking Trail, Indian History, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Black Belt Overlook - milepost 251.9 - Scenic Overlook
- Chickasaw Council House - milepost 251.1 - Picnic Area, Indian History
- Tockshish - milepost 249.6 - History/Nature Exhibit, Old Trace
Other Nearby Attractions
- Brices Cross Roads National Battlefield Site - If traveling south, exit the Trace at milepost 282 onto Mississippi Highway 370 and travel west 11 miles to Baldwyn and then 5 more miles west to the battlefield site. If traveling north, access US 45 north of Tupelo and travel north 12 miles to highway 370 and go west 1 mile.
- Elvis Presley Birthplace - Exit the Trace at milepost 259.7 onto Mississippi Highway 6 (Main Street in Tupelo) and travel east a couple of miles through town. After you cross US 45 turn left onto Elvis Presley Drive.
- Tupelo Automobile Museum - Exit the Trace at milepost 259.7 onto Mississippi Highway 6 (Main Street in Tupelo) and travel east about a mile. Turn left on Franklin Street and the museum will be on your right.
- Tupelo National Battlefield - Exit the Trace at milepost 259.7 onto Mississippi Highway 6 (Main Street in Tupelo) and travel east 1 mile.
- Bicycle Pacelines - Bicycle Pacelines bike shop in Tupelo is located a couple hundred yards from the Natchez Trace Parkway on West Jackson Street. West Jackson Street goes under the parkway near milepost 260.8. Cyclists can walk their bikes down an embankment on the west side of the parkway to Jackson Street. The bike shop is located down the street a block or so on the right.
Nearby Towns & Cities
- Tupelo, MS - The Trace travels through the city of Tupelo. There are five exits from the Trace into Tupelo.
Access / Exit Roads - Nearby Towns & Cities and Food and Gas nearby? (less than 2 miles)
- Mississippi Highway 370/371 - milepost 282 - Baldwyn
- Mississippi Highway 363 - milepost 271 - Saltillo | Mantachie - Food & Gas nearby
- Mississippi Highway 145 - milepost 266 - Tupelo
- US Highway 78 - milepost 263 - Tupelo
- Mississippi Highway 178 / McCullough Blvd - milepost 262 - Tupelo - Food & Gas nearby
- Mississippi Highway 6 / Main Street - milepost 260 - Food & Gas nearby
- Cliff Gookin Boulevard - milepost 259 - Tupelo
- Mississippi Highway 76 (Pontotoc Parkway) - milepost 257 - Tupelo
- Palmetto Road - milepost 256 - Tupelo - Food & Gas nearby
- Pontocola Road - milepost 251 - Pontotoc - Food & Gas nearby
- Mississippi Highway 41 - milepost 246 - Pontotoc | Okolona