Natchez Trace Scenic Overlooks
Several scenic overlooks are located on the Natchez Trace Parkway. Some of the vistas are located right next to the parking area while others are accessible via a hiking trail.
Listed below for each scenic overlook site are the milepost location, name of site and info about the site. Click on either the thumbnail picture or scenic overlook name for more information, pictures and a location map for the site.
Tennessee Scenic Overlooks
- Birdsong Hollow and Double Arch Bridge - milepost 438.0 - Scenic Overlook, Modern Marvel, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Water Valley Overlook - milepost 411.8 - Picnic Area, Scenic Overlook, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Baker Bluff Overlook - milepost 405.1 - Hiking Trail, Scenic Overlook, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Swan View Overlook - milepost 392.5 - Scenic Overlook
Alabama Scenic Overlooks
- Freedom Hills Overlook - milepost 317.0 - Scenic Overlook
Mississippi Scenic Overlooks
- Twentymile Bottom Overlook - milepost 278.4 - Scenic Overlook
- Old Town Overlook - milepost 263.9 - Hiking Trail, Scenic Overlook, Indian History
- Black Belt Overlook - milepost 251.9 - Scenic Overlook
- Jeff Busby Park - milepost 193.1 - Restroom, Picnic Area, Hiking Trail, Campground, Scenic Overlook, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Reservoir Overlook - milepost 105.6 - Scenic Overlook, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Natchez Bluff Trail - milepost 0 (downtown Natchez) - Hiking Trail, Scenic Overlook
Note: for your convenience the National Park Service displays a milepost on the east side of the parkway. Mileposts start at 0 on the southern end of the Trace near Natchez and end at 444 at the northern terminus (The Natchez Trace Parkway is 444 miles long.). Throughout this website, mileposts are used to help you locate attractions along the trace and exits on/off the Trace to help you find towns, attractions and bed and breakfasts located just off the Trace.