Columbia - Centerville Tennessee - Natchez Trace
This section of the Natchez Trace is located between Columbia and Centerville, Tennessee.
The section spans the area between the Tennessee Highway 7 intersection (milepost 416) and the US 412 intersection (milepost 391).
Listed below are Natchez Trace Sites, Nearby Attractions, Lodging, Area Merchants, Nearby Towns & Cities, Access / Exit Roads and Festivals & Events located along the Columbia | Centerville, Tennessee section of the Natchez Trace Parkway. Click on the links for information, picture(s) as well as a location map.
Natchez Trace Historic and Scenic Sites
- Water Valley Overlook - milepost 411.8 - Picnic Area, Scenic Overlook, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Highland Rim Trail southern trailhead - milepost 408 - Hiking Trail, Horseback Trail
- Gordon House and Duck River Ferry Site - milepost 407.7 - Restroom, History/Nature Exhibit, Old Trace, Indian History, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Baker Bluff Overlook - milepost 405.1 - Hiking Trail, Scenic Overlook, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Jackson Falls - milepost 404.7 - Restroom, Hiking Trail, History/Nature Exhibit, Waterfall, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Old Trace Walk - milepost 403.7 - Hiking Trail, Old Trace
- Tobacco Farm and Old Trace Drive - milepost 401.4 - History/Nature Exhibit, Old Trace, Scenic Overlook, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Sheboss Stand - milepost 400.2 - Old Trace
- Old Trace - milepost 397.4 - Old Trace, Indian History
- Devil's Backbone State Natural Area - milepost 394 - Hiking Trail
- Swan View Overlook - milepost 392.5 - Scenic Overlook
- Fall Hollow Waterfall - milepost 391.9 - Hiking Trail, Waterfall, Top 30 Favorite Site
Other Nearby Attractions
- Fly - Water Valley - Williamsport - Hampshire Loop Route
- Lewis County Museum of Natural History - Exit the Trace at milepost 391 onto US 412. Turn left and travel west 8.5 miles to downtown Hohenwald.
- Hohenwald Municipal Golf Course - Exit the Trace at milepost 391 onto US 412. Turn left and travel west 5.5 miles to downtown Hohenwald.
- Creekview Farm Retreat Bed and Breakfast - Fly/Santa Fe
- Inn at Bigby Creek Bed and Breakfast - Columbia
- Fall Hollow Bed and Breakfast - Hohenwald
- Commodore Hotel - Linden
- TN Hwy 7 exit (milepost 416):
- Fly's General Store - Old country store with your basic supplies plus hand sliced sandwiches. Arts and crafts available as well.
- Nett's Country Store and Diner - Open 7 days for lunch, 6 days for breakfast (Mon - Sat) and for dinner on weekends (Thu - Sat).
- Natchez Trace Stables - Guided horseback rides on trails thru woods, meadows and creeks.
- TN Hwy 50 (milepost 408):
- Duck River Country Store - Old country store with grocery supplies and a grill.
- US 412 exit (milepost 391):
- Fall Hollow Restaurant - Open for dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 5 to 9 p.m. and for breakfast and lunch on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Junkyard Dog Steakhouse - Open for lunch and dinner Wednesday thru Saturday and lunch on Sunday.
- Big John's BBQ - Open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday and lunch on Sunday.
- Rio Colorado Mexican Restaurant - Open for lunch and dinner every day.
- Copperhead Creek Carpentry & Studio - Open Thursday thru Saturday.
- Amber Falls Winery and Cellars - Open in the afternoon 7 days a week.
- Natchez Hills Vineyard and Winery - Open in the afternoon Wednesday thru Sunday.
- Keg Springs Winery - Open in the afternoon Wednesday thru Sunday.
- in Columbia via TN Hwy 7, TN Hwy 50 or US 412 exit:
- Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant: Columbia - Open for breakfast and lunch every day. Open for dinner on Friday and Saturday.
- Square Market & Cafe - Open for breakfast and lunch Monday thru Saturday. Open for dinner on Friday and Saturday.
Nearby Towns & Cities
- Columbia, TN - If you are traveling south, exit the Trace at milepost 416 onto Tennessee Highway 7 and travel east to Columbia (17 miles). Or, if you are traveling north, exit the Trace at milepost 391 onto US Highway 412 and travel east to Columbia (24 miles).
- Hohenwald, TN - If you are traveling south, exit the Trace at milepost 391 onto US Highway 412 and travel about 8 miles west to Hohenwald. Or, if you are traveling north, exit the Trace at milepost 386 onto Tennessee Highway 20 and travel about six miles west to Hohenwald.
Access / Exit Roads - Nearby Towns & Cities and Food and Gas nearby? ( <2 miles)
- Tennessee Highway 7 - milepost 416 - Fly | Santa Fe | Columbia - Food nearby
- Tennessee Highway 50 - milepost 408 - Centerville | Columbia - Food & Gas nearby
- US Highway 412 - milepost 391 - Linden | Hohenwald | Hampshire | Columbia - Food nearby
Area Festivals & Events
- Mule Day Columbia - late March/early April
- Hohenwald Springfest Hohenwald - May
- Mid-South Live Steamers Columbia - May and September
- Arts & Crafts and Farmer's Market Fly - May and October
- Keg County Poker Run Motorcycle Tour Centerville - May
- Swine & Wine Hampshire - monthly April thru October
- Cajunfest Hampshire - late May
- Knap In - The Making of Arrowheads Fly - July
- Sunset Rhythm and Vines Hampshire - September
- Oktober Heritage Festival Hohenwald - October
- Meriwether Lewis Arts & Crafts Show Columbia - October
- Hohenwald Fall Classics Car & Truck Show Hohenwald - October