Nashville - Franklin Tennessee - Natchez Trace
This section of the Natchez Trace is located near Nashville and Franklin, Tennessee.
The section spans the area between the Northern Terminus (Tennessee Highway 100 intersection (milepost 442)) and the Tennessee Highway 46 intersection (milepost 428).
Listed below are Natchez Trace Historic and Scenic Sites, Other Nearby Attractions, Nearby Lodging, Area Merchants, Nearby Towns & Cities and Access / Exit Roads located along the Nashville | Franklin, Tennessee section of the Natchez Trace Parkway. Click on the links for information, picture(s) as well as a location map.
Natchez Trace Historic and Scenic Sites
- Northern Terminus - milepost 442.0
- Birdsong Hollow and Double Arch Bridge - milepost 438.0 - Scenic Overlook, Modern Marvel, Top 30 Favorite Site
- Timberland Park - milepost 437.2 - Restroom, Picnic Area, Hiking Trail
Other Nearby Attractions
- TN Hwy 100 exit (milepost 442):
- The Loveless Cafe - Open 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Highway 100 Shell - Gas station, market and a Bar-B-Cutie Restaurant.
- Chaffin’s Barn Dinner Theatre - Serving the Nashville area for 50 years with premium buffets and professional theatre.
- TN Hwy 46 exit (milepost 428):
- Leiper's Fork Market - Gasoline, snacks and beverages, basic grocery supplies and a grill/dining area (sandwiches and pizza).
- Country Boy Restaurant - Open for breakfast and lunch on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday; open for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Thursday, Friday and Saturday; closed on Monday.
- Puckett's of Leiper's Fork - Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner (closes early on Monday at 4).
- Leiper's Creek Gallery - Fine art gallery in a warm and welcoming environment.
- The Copper Fox Gallery - Featuring the works of local, regional and national artisans.
- The West & Company - Country mercantile featuring apparel and gift items for the casual country lifestyle.
- Serenite Maison - Specializes in European antiques, one-of-a-kind items including furniture, lighting and textiles.
- Finds in the Fork - Eclectic items: new and used vinyl records, turntables, musical instruments, jewelry, clothing, repurposed lights, etc.
Nearby Towns & Cities
- Nashville, TN - Exit the Trace at the northern terminus (milepost 442) onto either Tennessee Highway 100 and travel east into Nashville. Or, exit the Trace onto McCrory Lane and travel north about four miles to Interstate 40 East to Nashville.
- Franklin, TN - Exit the Trace at milepost 438 onto Tennessee Highway 96 and travel east eight miles to Franklin.
- Leipers Fork, TN - Exit the Trace at milepost 428 onto Tennessee Highway 46 and travel east one mile to Leipers Fork.
Access / Exit Roads - Nearby Towns & Cities and Food and Gas nearby? (<2 miles)
- Tennessee Highway 100 - milepost 442 - Nashville | Pegram - Food & Gas nearby
- Tennessee Highway 96 - milepost 438 - Franklin
- Tennessee Highway 46 - milepost 428 - Leipers Fork - Food & Gas nearby
Area Festivals & Events
- Cheekwood in Bloom Nashville - mid-March thru late-April
- Tin Pan South Songwriter's Festival Nashville - late March
- Nashville Cherry Blossom Festival Nashville - April
- Franklin Main Street Festival Franklin - April
- Nashville Film Festival Nashville - April
- St. Jude Rock 'n' Roll Nashville Marathon Nashville - April
- Tennessee Spring Craft Fair Nashville - May
- Iroquois Steeplechase Nashville - May
- Franklin Rodeo Franklin - May
- Tour de Nash Bicycle Ride Nashville - May
- CMA Music Festival Nashville - June
- The Hunt Leiper's Fork - June
- Hillbilly Half Marathon Leiper's Fork - June
- Music City Hot Chicken Festival Nashville - July 4th
- Franklin on the 4th Franklin - July 4th
- Music City July 4th Nashville - July 4th
- Tomato Art Fest Nashville - August
- Tennessee Fall Craft Fair Nashville - September
- Pilgrimage Music & Cultural Festival Franklin - September
- Franklin Pumpkinfest Franklin - late October
- Blue & Gray Days Franklin - November
- Battle of Franklin Illumination Ceremony Franklin - November
- Natchez Trace Trail Run Leiper's Fork - November
- Leipers Fork Christmas Parade Leiper's Fork - December
- Nashville Christmas Parade Nashville - December
- Dickens of a Christmas Franklin - December